Whole-academy and multi-academy trust support
There are significant additoinal risks and responsibilities that come with the autonomy of running a stand-alone academy or multi-academy trust, as well as operational and financial challenges. Added to that, there are certain administrative obligations, as well as the need to manage building assets and develop an ICT strategy; in fact, the list is endless! These things alone can distract considerable time and effort, as well as resource, away from the main focus of improving outcomes for chidlren and young people.
Working in partnership with senior leaders at both individual Academies and at Multi-Academy trusts, our team of 600 expert consultants provide whole school solutions.
Research shows that the best way to achieve an excellent school system is through a school-led model of improvement. Our education experts, many of whom are Ofsted-qualified inspectors, support academies and multi-academy trusts to achieve this vision, build and develop sustainable capacity and improve outcomes for all children and young people, including those from vulnerable groups.
WHAT WE DELIVER:
School Improvement Strategy Planning and Data Dashboard
Babcock Education will support your new MAT or converting school with a Strategic Framework for your school improvement strategy.
We will provide a data dashboard with key criteria for each school to review their performance and evaluate themselves in three principle areas:
- School performance and capacity
The data dashboard will be used to inform the school’s self-evaluation process and support strategic planning and the school improvement plan.
Our consultancy support will facilitate discussions on your vision, values and key objectives, helping you to get the right improvement priorities and support to secure sustainable improvement.
Our Safeguarding and Attendance subscription services, data analysis packages and bespoke consultancy are designed to meet the needs of individual schools and academies, school clusters and multi-academy trusts. We provide practical support, training and targeted strategies across all key stages of education to identify and address safeguarding and attendance issues.
- Support schools with appropriate policy and practice advice regarding vulnerable pupils
- Help schools identify safeguarding concerns early
- Provide information, interventions and strategies for improving the attendance of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children
- Provide bespoke training and whole school/individual staff development
Governance and Compliance
Ensuring regulatory and statutory compliance in every area of your operation is paramount to sustainability. Babcock’s services steer school leaders and governors through the process for a seamless transition to academy status or becoming a multi-academy trust, and give ongoing comprehensive support thereafter.
WHAT WE DELIVER:
- Creating or Joining a MAT – what do governors need to consider?
- Effective Governance in a MAT
- Subscription to Better Governor
HR and Finance
Handling complex HR issues and ensuring your finances are managed according to government guidelines are crucial to the overall management and development of your academy or trust. Babcock’s quality-assured HR and Finance consultants can help you avoid costly errors and minimise risk, making sure you’re on top of employment legislation and maximising financial efficiencies.
WHAT WE DELIVER:
- Dedicated Named Consultant: for onsite and remote support
- Telephone Helpdesk: for immediate advice and support
- Online HR Resources
- Occupational Health
- Mediation Services
- In-House HR Training
- Recruitment and Performance Management
- Online DBS Checks
- Specialist Payroll and Pension Expertise (Provided by Strictly Education)
- Pre-Conversion Academy Start-Up Service
- Enhanced Conversion Service
- Core Finance Packages: to reduce strategic risk and support the production of funding forecasts, budget plans and monitoring reports
- DfE approved Financial Health Checks
ICT matters; It is central to the success of your academy. As experts in education, we deliver a whole-school ICT solution of integrated technical support, data services and curriculum consultancy. Babcock’s “It Can Transform” programme improves outcomes for children and young people by helping to shape your ICT vision, manage your ICT service effectively and maximise your budget.
WHAT WE DELIVER:
- Strategic ICT Review – covering all aspects of ICT, including rationalisation of ICT infrastructure
- Cloud-based solutions to support cross-MAT collaboration
- Training and support for the implementation of Microsoft Office 365, including Sharepoint
- Online Safety – curriculum, policies and procedures including filtering and monitoring
- ICT remote technical and backup services
Academy Conversion Services
Babcock Education and Michelmores provide an academy start-up service – whether it's a straight conversion or a group of academies joining forces in a MAT. With everything from vision shaping, managing conversion process, structuring financial support to secretarial services, it provides one-stop conversion support. Download our Start Right Conversion Services brochure now.Download
Download our Multi-Academy Support Brochure
For more information about our services specifically developed for multi-academy trusts, ownload the brochure nowDownload
Executive Leadership Programme
Are you keen to develop the leadership qualities and competencies of a highly-effective Executive Leader?Find out more
National Professional Qualifications
Find out more about the qualifications that are available.Find out more
The strategic advice and guidance provided by our HR consultant ensures that we can be confident in our decision making at all levels. Our consultant is like our ‘critical friend’, with a wealth of expertise, who is able to provide information to support and help us make informed choices.
Headteacher, West Hill School
Want to find out more about the strategic advice and consultancy that we offer?
Get in touch with our team to provide more information to help you and your school or academyGet in Touch