Babcock Education's Information Charter
We need to handle personal information about individuals so that we can provide services to our clients and customers. We work with personal data on our current and former employees, customers (whether an organisation, individual or agency) and suppliers. This is how we look after that information.
When we ask you for personal information, we promise:
- to make sure you know why we need it;
- to only ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information;
- to protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t;
- to let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better public services - and if you can say no;
- to make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary; and
- not to make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission.
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information; and
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address.
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You can get more details on:
- how to find out what information we hold about you and how to ask us to correct any mistakes;
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example, to prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics;
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete your personal information;
- how we check the information we hold is accurate and up to date; and
- how to make a complaint.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
When we ask you for information, we will keep to the law, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner at: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Phone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45 Fax: 01625 524510. Website: www.ico.gov.uk