Why you may need support!
- Improve rates of pupil attendance
- Reduce persistent absence levels
- Support you to meet Ofsted’s requirements to monitor and analyse the attendance of your disadvantaged pupils
- Ensure new school staff understand your child protection policies and how to deal with safeguarding issues
- Ensure your recruitment processes meet current safer recruitment best practice
- Meet the statutory safeguarding and child protection requirements
- Fully understand the implications of the new GDPR data protection law in relation to staff and pupil data
Who we support
We support all school staff, in particular school leaders, governors, designated safeguarding officers, attendance officers and school business managers to be able to carry out statutory safeguarding duties and promote the wellbeing of children.
How do we support
Our subscription services, data analysis packages and bespoke consultancy are designed to meet the needs of individual schools and academies, school clusters and multi-academy trusts. We provide practical support, training and targeted strategies across all key stages of education to identify and address safeguarding and attendance issues.
- Support schools with appropriate policy and practice advice regarding vulnerable pupils
- Help schools identify safeguarding concerns early
- Provide information, interventions and strategies for improving the attendance of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children
- Provide bespoke training and whole school/individual staff development
Safe Schools and Settings
Everyone has a role to play in safeguarding children, whether this is identifying or raising concerns early of safeguarding issues or putting into place best practice to prevent cyberbullying and to maintain online safety.
We work with anyone in your school community to ensure that you are compliant with local and national expectations.
Our safeguarding subscription service provides peace of mind that your school or setting has access to the most up-to-date safeguarding information and advice, policies and procedures, ensuring you are aware of changes to legislation including guidance on implementation.
Our safeguarding audit identifies any gaps in your safeguarding requirements, providing an action plan for corrective and preventative measures and helping with change improvements.
Our comprehensive training programmes include:
- Whole-school staff Child Protection raising
- Designated Safeguarding Lead training
- Safer Recruitment
- Extremism, Radicalisation and PREVENT training suitable for all school staff
- Training for Governors
- Safer Working Practices
- Safeguarding for Administrators
- Bespoke packages to meet your needs
Following attendance at a Safeguarding Pupils with SEN and Disabilities training session, and subsequent therapy work with a child, a SENCO said that “without this useful information from your [Education Safeguarding Officer], this disclosure may never have happened and the abuse would have continued”
Whether you are looking for the complete outsourced Data Protection Officer provision or just some support for your school-based Data Protection Officer, we have solutions to suit all requirements.
Welfare and Attendance
We support schools and settings to achieve Government targets for overall attendance and persistent absenteeism.
The work carried out in schools by our highly professional Education Welfare Officers includes:
- Analysing your disadvantaged pupil attendance data to help you provide the evidence that Ofsted requires
- Attendance Healthchecks
- Child Employment support
- Supporting schools to identify, support and challenge pupils at risk of persistent absence
Get it touch to talk about safeguarding children
Find out how our team can help you and get in contact to find out more about the services and support we offer.Contact us
Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers has a role to play in safeguarding children. School and college staff are particularly important as they are in a position to identify concerns early and provide help for children, and prevent concerns from escalating.
Keeping Children Safe in Education, 2016
If you have a safeguarding concern
If your concern is about a child, or you’re not sure, you must contact your local Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) for advice. If your concern is regarding a member of Babcock staff, please report this concern to us via email below.Contact us